Fall 2017- Spring 2018
- Tuesday 24/Apr/2018 at 4.00 PM: “Feline internal medicine, various topics” – Margie Scherk DVM DipABVP
Completed sessions 2017-2018:
- Wednesday, 28/Mar/2018 at 6.00PM: “Canada in the LYME-Light: An evening of tick talk & clinical management of vector-borne disease” – Michelle Evason, BSc, DVM, DACVIM
- Wednesday, 07/Feb/2018 at 6.00 PM: “Professional Banking Financial Wellness Dinner” – Gordon Davis, Professional Specialist Advisor; Allan Ray, Wealth Management Consultant; Kristian Himberg-Larsen, Wilkinson & Co. – CANCELLED
- Wednesday, 11/Oct/2017 at 06.00 PM: Dental Radiography: Sharon French, DVM
- Monday, 11/Sep/2017 at 4.00 PM: Wendy S. Myers CVJ – “Focusing on preventive care: It’s best for the patient, client and your practice; Communicating the value of diagnostics; Best practices: Senior care programs; Communicating with confidence about nutrition”
- Wednesday, 08/Nov/2017 at 6.00PM: “Practical Cytology, focusing on things you can diagnose in clinic vs things you should leave to the experts (and how to tell the difference)” – Julie Webb, DVM, DACVP
Watch our News and Events page for details about these and other events or sign up to “follow” this blog to receive email notification of new postings.
Completed sessions 2016-2017:
- Wednesday, 28th September, 2016: Dr. Doreen Houston- “Pearls of Veterinary Medicine 2016″
- Thursday, 6th October, 2016: FLUTD with Dr. Jody Lulich
- Wednesday, 26th October 2016: Dr. Guillaume Cloutier – “An update on scientific advances in Diabetes, CKD and Acute/Chronic Pain in Felines”
- Wednesday, 1st Feb, 2017: Heather Lowe “Client Communications: Moving from processing clients to creating added-value relationships”
- Wednesday, 15/Feb/2017 at 6PM: Dr. DeFraeye – “Come out to learn about new solutions to parasite and disease prevention”
- Wednesday, 15/Mar/2017 at 6 PM: Dr. Micheal Willard – “Protein Losing Enteropathies and Chronic Small Bowel Diarrhea”
- Wednesday, 12/Apr/2017: Dr. Michael Goldstein: “The many faces of Addison’s disease, diagnosis and treatment”
- Wednesday, 31/May/2017 at 5 PM: Dr. Elizabeth Berliner, DVM, DABVP – “Making Connections: Humane Organizations, Animal Welfare and Shelter Medicine”
Dinner Talks 2015-2016:
- Thursday, September 24th, 2015: Dr Jen Devey, Gizmos and Gadgets we can use, and, The dreaded nightmare – the cat with hepatobiliary/pancreatic disease. The sponsor is Central Sales and PetSecure.
- Wednesday, Oct 28th, 2015 at 6.00 PM: Cat Healthy Phase 2 featuring Dr. Elizabeth O’Brien, sponsored by IDEXX, Hill’s, Merial, Bayer and Petsecure.
- Wednesday, November 18th, 2015 at 6.00 PM: Heather Lowe “Team Effort in the New Economy” , sponsored by Vetoquinol.
- Wednesday, Feb 10th, 2016 at 6:00 PM: Dr Jonathan Bloom – Fear Free™: Taking the Pet out of Petrified! (Sponsored by Boehringer)
- Wednesday, 23rd March, 2016: Dr. Michael Goldstein – “Canine Hyperadrenocorticism” sponsored by Dechra Veterinary Products.
- Wednesday, 13th April, 2016 at 6.00 PM: Dr. Michelle Oblak – “Surgical Oncology in General Practice”
- Tuesday, 26th April, 2016 at 6.00 PM: Dr. Steve Batty – “Advancements in Understanding of Itch Cycle”
- Tuesday, 26th April, 2016 after CE session: QDVA annual general meeting
Dinner talks — Fall 2014/ Spring 2015:
- Wed., September 17th, 2014 —Dr. Jinelle Webb, Update on Leptospirosis, fully sponsored by Boehringer Ingelheim and IDEXX Laboratories
- Wed., October 22nd, 2014 — Dr. Deb Stoewen, Compassion Fatigue, fully sponsored by Pets Plus Us insurance
- Wed., November 12th , 2014 —Dr. Jennifer Ogeer, Critical Care, fully sponsored by IDEXX Laboratories
- Wed., February 11th, 2015 — Dr. Gwen Robertson, Canine Rehab, not sponsored
- Mon., March 9th, 2015 — Dr. Robert Stein, Pain Management, not sponsored
- Wed., March 25th, 2015 — Dr. Steve Waisglass, Dermatology, fully sponsored by Rayne Clinical Nutrition
- Wed, April 15th, 2015 — Dr. Scott Weese, Infectious Disease, fully sponsored by Bayer Animal Health
- Wed., May 6th, 2015 — Dr. Jennifer Ogeer, Diagnosing and Monitoring Chronic Kidney Disease – An introduction to SDMA, fully sponsored by IDEXX Laboratories